For the full story, please read all our previous posts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19, Part 20, Part 21, Part 22

I can’t remember if this was right before or right after the tree.

I woke up. I’d been dreaming that I was pulling weed after weed in the backyard when I’d come upon a tree nestled in a corner under our deck. It was almost like I was looking through a lens that zoomed in on the tree and I walked over to it. With a shovel I carefully dig around the tree and with my bare hands pulled it clean out of the dirt, roots and all.

Now most of us would wake up, roll over and recount the story to our husbands who wouldn’t really care or be surprised at the random dream but I woke up feeling it. I just could not get that tree out of my head! I told Cade, “it’s gotta go”

 

A photo of our family.

Cade and I worked together to dig around the tree, I was trying so hard to take it easy as I was feeling that green, sick to my stomach, body aching and utter exhaustion of pregnancy, but I was diligent. Cade kept saying, you’re sure you want this out?

 

(more…)

The post Fighting for Faith in the Darkness Part 23 appeared first on Oh Sweet Basil.



from Oh Sweet Basil https://ift.tt/2I2xLh2
via IFTTT